Monday, May 30, 2011

I can at least say it’s over

So…..last week – last week sucked. It started out with a nice little chat with a uniformed officer of the law. You see, I didn't have my seatbelt on. And it happened to be "Click It or Ticket Week." Yep, that means a Ticket for me. 5 Bucks – but still, everyone heard my name on the scanner and I no longer got to say that I NEVER received a ticket. So, I was whining about it. "Ruins my record – I've never gotten anything other than some verbal warnings – blah blah blah." Well that was Wednesday, Thursday brought a new day….and a much more expensive ticket. That's right; I got a second ticket within about 36 hours of the first one. I was going about 70 in a 65…but the 65 switches to a 55 and my mind was elsewhere (I was practicing my Matron of Honor speech!) And I definitely received a much higher price on that one. Thursday was also a long day, not just with how it ended but also how it started. I didn't get much sleep the night before in anticipation of my morning. You see, I was a witness in a criminal trial. It sucked and was sufficiently scary – though it really was only for a couple of fraudulent checks. At least this time I hadn't seen someone die in my front yard (let me be straight though-I only had to give a statement for that.) But I was questioned, and then cross-examined, and then re-questioned, and re-cross-examined. Never have I been so happy to hear "No Objection" as when they asked for me to be released from my subpoena. I had really been freaking for a while before it and Mark was trying to help me out. He told me that it would all soon be over and that I would be able to chalk it all up to life experiences. Well I'm sorry, but I think I'm about done with these new life experiences.

No comments: